Total hits on xxxxxxx.html Starting Date Goes Here the vacationalist: one lump or two?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

one lump or two?

Ridicule is how I show my love. It is a trait of my entire family. A sarcastic quip, is as good as an “I love you”, and if you are not mocking your significant other you are not a Saucy. The fact that my boyfriend is currently my only lifeline in a county where I couldn’t even ask for toilet paper if I needed it does not stop me from making fun of him at every opportunity.

Patryk and I went out for coffee. I had a regular coffee, and he had a shot of espresso. Then he proceeded to empty the entire sugar container into his little cup of espresso. I was shocked that such a heap of glucose was able to dissolve in such a small amount of liquid. Without even thinking I said, “Why don’t you have some coffee with your sugar.” That is not even a clever remark; it is the kind of sarcastic statement akin to saying, “NOT!!” after a compliment. But I said it none the less without even realizing it.

Then he got quiet, and told me that communism didn’t fall in Poland until 1989, and before that they could never get sugar or sweets. Now that he can he puts in a lot because it meant so much to him in his childhood to get even a little bit of sugar.

I hate it when he does that.

7 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Allie said...

Wait... what is this "I love you" you speak of?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Allie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger K-La-La said...

Aw, your blog makes me happy. I love your stories. :-)

-- K-La-La

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger raymond said...

I don't know if you will go back to see if someone has left a comment to a previous post, so I'm putting this here. There is a great online Polish course that helps me quite a bit. It is: http://polish.slavic.pitt.edu/ this is the free public part. Covers many good concepts. Also, I have put up a site with links to other free online polish lessions: speakingpolish.com. Between the two, you should be trying to speak Polish in several months (LOL). BTW, if you do come across somewhere I could stay for a min amount, please don't forget me. You can send a message on facebook or send an e-mail. Thanks and hope this helps you.
Raymond

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger adam said...

sure thing raymond. and thanks for the sites. i also use rosetta stone. quite handy indeed. yay for sentance fragments.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It kind of reminds me of this time that Chelsea and I were talking about baby boomers and whether or not they were are parents' parents. She said something like, "Yeah, that's about when they came home from the war right?"

And I said, "I don't know. The hit harder in China--not very many came home."

EEk!

I miss you my love!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

until 1989, baby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home