Total hits on xxxxxxx.html Starting Date Goes Here the vacationalist: return to OR, or, dependably co-dependent.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

return to OR, or, dependably co-dependent.

On myspace, I changed the account location from Eastern Europe to Oregon. What I find interesting is that it automatically changed my height from centimeters into inches, but did not change the local time. What this means for my loyal readers (hi mom!) is that I am back in Portland.

Yes that’s right my friends! I am once again unemployed and living in PDX. Hopefully I will find a job soon, but in the mean time I have discovered an important fact about myself: I need a hobby. I enjoy photography very much, but darkroom costs are not something I want at the moment. Besides, the need for a hobby stems from the fact that I need something social. Once again, my severe case of co-dependence overwhelms me. I want someone to entertain me, and with Patryk on the other side of the pond, he is not able to fill the roll.

This is a common problem with my family. Co-dependence. My sister Allie solved this problem by getting married this New Years Eve. (cheers!) They are both co-dependent, like myself, and find happiness in each other. Always on the others’ hip, Ryan and Allie are content as two content things in close proximity. This Ryan/Allie combination, I now dub Rallie, in the grand tradition of creating one irritating appellation out of two otherwise pleasant forenames.

My other sister Lauren copes with her co-dependence in a different way. She ops for finding a counterpart in science-fiction television. Whenever she needs company she plops in a DVD of her tv show. In one year she has gone through all 11 seasons of Stargate SG1, the entire Firefly series, the entire Farscape series, and is now onto Stargate Atlantis. This solves the immediate problem with dependence, but I fear to tread into this world. I have seen what happens when she makes it through all of the available episodes without a new series to go to. Plus, the fanfiction community is full of weirdos.

So I brace myself, and try to tell myself that unrequited co-dependence is good for my character. Even reading is not the same without someone in the house. There is something comforting about reading a good book with Patryk in the background cooking naked. Well to be honest, he only cooked naked once, and that was by special request. (hi mom!)

3 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger adam said...

well it is complicated. the short story is, that patryk is going to try to come here in a few months when he is done with school.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Hi Adam!)

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Hi Adam!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home