Total hits on xxxxxxx.html Starting Date Goes Here the vacationalist: Occam’s toothbrush.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Occam’s toothbrush.

My roommate left town for the weekend. Coincidently my toothbrush has gone missing.
A tooth brush is not something you misplace. You use it in one specific location then put it back. It is not like the remote control that can be lost to god knows where until one day you stumble across it on a book shelf or in the refrigerator. Ok, I only found it in the fridge once and I only had to look for a few minutes. But a tooth brush going missing seems odd to me. It wasnt in the trash. Seemed a reasonable place. Careless roommates may have knocked it onto the floor and not wanting me to use it again threw it away. I would have just put it back, but they might have been more thoughtful.

Roommate leaves town and my toothbrush goes missing. There are moments when we all would rather the simplest solution not be the case. hmmmmm.....

When my father and I shared a bathroom he would often steal my toothbrush claiming it to be his. It became such a problem that I finally took a bottle of my mother’s nail polish and painted the end of a fresh toothbrush. About a week later I went to brush my teeth only to find my brush was already wet with use that day. When confronted about the situation, my father exclaimed that it wasn’t my toothbrush but his. He knew because his was the one with nail polish on the end so he wouldn’t mix them up. In all fairness the man is colorblind so these things happen. Whenever retaliation was needed it was just as easy to go into his sock drawer and mismatch his black and brown socks. Something his secretary learned to watch out for.

I texted my roommate to see if she had actually taken my toothbrush. She had, and promised to bring it back with her. I told her not to worry, as I would need to get a new one anyway. Though I do wonder, how long had she been using it?

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger k. crow said...

Oh! My cold heart is warmed over.

I don't know what made me happier: seeing another vacationalist post, or the keen reference to Occam's razor. I'm guessing the prior, but you are too clever, my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home