Total hits on xxxxxxx.html Starting Date Goes Here the vacationalist: Super-Gay Sunday.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Super-Gay Sunday.

My boss invited me to his super-bowl party this weekend. He invited me in front of another co-worker without inviting them. I thought this was a bit strange that I would be invited and my co-worker would not be, but as soon as I got to the party I quickly realized that why. My co-worker was not invited because he was straight. That’s right folks, it was a Gay Super Bowl Party. The invitation was extended to me for one reason and one reason only: I'm a fag. (hi mom!)

I really don’t think about things like this much. Most of my friends are gay, and I feel that it is just by coincidence. I live in a fairly gay part of town. There are several theatres and bistros, and that is where the homos congregate. But it really struck me when I realized that of the six people work at my coffee shop including the owner, four of us are gay, and a fifth is debatable. Yet I still tend to be ignorant of these things, and go on my merry way thinking little of anyone’s sexuality. So when I heard I was going to a Super-Bowl party, I thought I should study up on the rules so that I would not be completely lost. I went out to a bar with my token straight friend so that he could explain to me some of the basics. I have never really paid much attention to football, but knew that the ball was sometimes kicked through the big fork at the end of the field, or ran past it for points. He filled in some of the other details and sent me on my way.

When I arrived I discovered my newly acquired knowledge was a great help to everyone. The crowd consisted of a handful of fags between the ages of 20-40. This is when I realized my Christian co-worker was not invited for his own good. Refreshments consisted of gin and tonic, and deviled eggs. I did my best to explain the rules as I understood them to the group, with others eagerly filling in whatever details they might have discovered along the way. One fellow was thrilled he could tell the group what a “tight end” really was. Eventually all confusion on how the game was played was quickly cleared up when a lesbian finally arrived.

All in all, the even was a success. Highlights included the half-time performance by Prince singing “Purple Rain”, and the Flo-Max commercial with the side-effect of a decrease in semen. That one really got the guys laughing.

3 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home